York Energy Advice

£150 tax rebate towards energy bills
The government has tasked local authorities with distributing £150 towards energy bills to every household in council tax bands A-D, and discretionary funds for those who do not qualify. Those paying council tax by direct debit should have already had theirs but others need to apply. If you haven't had your £150 rebate yet, you can apply and find out more on the City of York Council website Alternatively, you can get help with applying at numerous drop-in sessions taking place at different places around the city between 6th and 24th June. You will need to bring:
  • a council tax bill showing your council tax reference number, which begins '88...' You can request a copy online if you can't find it, even if your bill is normally discounted or £0.
  • proof of your bank details, such as a bank statement showing sort code, account number and the name and address that the bank account is registered to